Sunday, July 18, 2010

That Was Me

One of the last things I said tonight to one of the birthday boys at a party I attended after he burst into the room screaming about how "these [explitive] were trying to make [him] drink water." *sigh* :) Love is hard work no matter what angle your trying to go at it. Not more than 10 minutes after that I left.

It is true and I will share testimony that their comes a point in a social gathering when things stop being fun, especially when there is alcohol involved. "Nothing good ever happens after midnight." For me it's normally around one or later. Sure enough by 1:10 the comment was made and I was watching to weirdness ensue. Maybe I'm getting old? No. Just responsible. And smarter about those types of situations.

I did manage to talk to someone about purpose and give them a different perspective on life after a family is formed. It was uplifting and nice to talk to someone with a faith background and watch them light up. Not what I expected, but honestly it was the only actual conversation that I had with anyone the whole time I was there... aside from the ones that were struck because of my choice (and my following through) to remain sober and not have a drop of alcohol. Good thing too because it was tricky trying to leave the parking lot.

Some day I'll learn to leave a party at a pivotal moment when things start to change... I don't know when that would have been for this event. Probably around the time that the cake was brought out upon the arrival of some other friends around was it midnight? I didn't look at a clock the entire time I was there... Maybe I should try to gauge it by time...perhaps 12AM can be my cut off for going out... It was in Russia I don't see why it wouldn't translate to here. I'll have to keep that in mind next time.

But next time it will probably be my birthday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers