Friday, July 31, 2009

Gogol Bordello

I wrote this on Thursday the 30th before getting on the Greyhound in Orlando, so I've been diligent!

Weaknesses are pretty amazing. Mine just happen to include amazing music (Goo Goo Dolls, Chevelle, Gogol Bordello, 10 years), dancing, singing aloud, and a man who can utilize all three to make me happy without ever needing to land a single kiss.

The concert was absolutely amazing. Kevin was going to make his way down to the pit, and Kayla made mention to me that she wanted to head down and I just went along being totally complacent with whatever they wanted to do. And the mayhem ensued and I fell in love with the band over and over and over again.

And then Think Locally Fuck Globally was being played. And I felt the incredible urge to find a guy to waltz in the pit with… and boy did I ever pick a guy to dance with. It was totally random and he just became my dance partner a few songs later. And his name is Mike *face palm* We sang and danced and just had an absolute blast. He’s fluent in French (wtf!?), incredibly smart (turned down Columbia and Harvard ), super handsome, hot and used to be in a rock band, and he likes rap (…what?). And he is perhaps among the most incredibly sweet men I’ve ever come across. There were many times he could have made a move on me or vice versa and we both remained respectful (I told him about Marshall). But he definitely made me realize that Marshall really has some work to do to keep me. Mike GB (Mike from Gogol Bordello concert) gave me a lot of hope that not all men are dick heads. We hung out the next day and I felt everything that I wanted from Marshall… And began to question whether or not I’d ever be able to have it. Mike GB is probably a player of sorts, but he’s very good at keeping his composure as a gentlemen. I probably would have done something stupid if I weren’t hell bent keeping myself for people who are going to be with me (Marshall has me all the way). I just wish I didn’t have so much doubt about Marshall and I. Is it bad that I think that Mike GB would probably keep in contact with me more than Marshall would in a given week?

I understand that they are both guys and that I shouldn’t live in la-la land thinking of a guy that I’ll probably never see again and that I probably shouldn’t waste my time on a guy who isn’t willing to give me as much energy as I’m giving him. But dammit do I find myself in the predicament. It’ll go away eventually. Stupid boy weakness.

He told me I was beautiful and he thinks my hair is unique. I will most likely never see him again… probably by choice- don’t know if I could bare it.

2 comments:

  1. LOL. What is it with you and Mikes? Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I have been wondering if those types of doubts are normal for a while now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what it is about me finding Mikes, but it keeps happening lol. I think it depends on the kind of relationship you have to start out that determines the doubt factor. A lot of relationships are doomed from the start because people generally are only thinking about themselves and making themselves happy until they get bored... as opposed to actually GIVING AND CARING to the person they're supposed to be with. If a relationship is healthy there shouldn't be a need to have doubts like this you know? I'm giving it time...

    ReplyDelete

Followers